Increase Your Internet Speed 450%

So I'm absolutely floored today. I try to keep my home connection as fast as possible. We do a lot of gaming, surfing, and movie streaming (Netflix) at my house. I've seen that DOCSIS 3.0 is supported by my ISP (Cox) and after some research it appears that even having a DOCSIS 3.0 modem can increase the performance of your internet. So on that I bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-SB6120-SU...281&sr=8-1

I grabbed it a couple weeks ago along with a new 8-port router with wifi. A total pain in the ass to get but finally someone made a good one.

Today I decided to redo my home network and get this stuff online. I did some speed tests before hand.


[Image: 1064460688.png]

Not bad imho. Cox offers a new Ultimate connection which is $120 a month and offers 50mbps download. It's pricey but I was considering it. I spoke to a sales rep and he was nice enough to inform me that just yesterday (not kidding) they upped my speed in the neighborhood. Cox does this regularly. Rep advised I test speed and above was results. I figured wtf let's setup the docsis3 and see how it does.

So called tech support...gave them new MAC to activate the modem and check this out...


[Image: 1064483381.png]

Is that not incredible performance difference or what? That's a 450% increase in download speed. I've heard people experiencing 20% increase but that's ridiculous. I've run the test multiple times and from different services. My download really is fantastic now. Well beyond the value of the $80 modem. I didn't even have to upgrade my Cox connection.

So for those who don't have a Docsis3 modem but their ISP supports the technology please consider upgrading. You will not regret it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top